Roomba charging error code 8 indicates the motor and filter have stopped working. It is a common charging error. The light ring around the clean button glows red, and error 8 appears on the vacuum. The error code is identified by your vacuum making 8 beeps.
How to Fix Roomba Charging Error 8?
Charging error 8 indicates a broken connection between battery and the terminals on the vacuum. Error 8 can also come up if the vacuum motor and filter are blocked. Follow the steps below to clean the filter and eliminate error 8.
- Remove the dustbin from your vacuum cleaner.
- Empty the bin and remove all the dust and debris inside.
- Remove and clean the filter; follow the user manual to check the right cleaning process.
- Insert the filter and the bin back.
- Check if the error is eliminated.
- Check all the wires and the charging port.
- Check the outlet you are using to charge the vacuum.
- Check the circuit breaker.
- Clean the contact points if they are dirty.
- Check that you are using an authentic Roomba battery. Charging errors often happen with counterfeit batteries.
- Always charge your Roomba at room temperature. Do not charge the battery in an extremely hot or cold environment.
- Check that your vacuum is not charging near a heating vent, radiator, or baseboard heater.
- Check home base. Sometimes Roomba may not charge due to a faulty or broken home base.
Can resetting fix Roomba Charging Error 8?
Yes. Resetting your Roomba can fix charging error 8. You can reset the machine by holding the spot/target button and the dock/home button together for 10 seconds. It is best to reset the unit when connected to the charger.
Roomba Charging Error 8 Causes
- Improper house wiring
- Loose power cord connection
- You charge Roomba near the heating vent, radiator, or baseboard heater.
- Damaged wire in the power cord
- Damaged Roomba internal wiring or circuit board
How to fix Roomba error 8 that doesn’t appear due to charging?
If Roomba error 8 doesn’t appear due to charging issues, it indicates that your vacuum’s filter and motor have stopped working. To resolve this issue, you have to unclog the filter and clear the bin so that the motor and filter will work smoothly.
My Roomba is beeping continuously during charging; what does it mean?
The continuous beeping of Roomba during charging could have the following three reasons:
- The battery is dead and not taking any charge
- The charging circuit of iRobot isn’t detecting any charge current
- Roomba is not plugged in properly to the charging point
Other Famous Error Codes on Roomba: