O-Cedar Spin Mop is an amazing cleaning tool that effortlessly cleans hard-to-reach areas and different floors. This spin mop works practically well as the company claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria with water. Yet, you will still see some dirt on the floor. So, you might need some good cleaners that should be compatible with O-Cedar Spin Mop. This article discusses the most efficient and powerful commercial and homemade cleaners suitable for O-Cedar Spin Mop.
Commercial and Homemade Cleaners to Use with O Cedar Spin Mop
What cleaner to use with an O Cedar spin mop? It usually depends on the type of floor you have. To name a few, you can use Tide powder, Pine-Sol, Murphy’s Oil Soap, Fabuloso, OxiClean, Vinegar, dish soap, etc. Read this guide further if you want to know about these cleaners for your O-Cedar Spin Mop.
1. Tide Powder
Trusted by customers, Tide Powder is an excellent cleaner. It sticks with the dirt particles and removes them entirely off the floor. You can use this powerful powder with O-Cedar Spin Mop by following the given steps.
- One teaspoon of Tide Powder in a gallon of hot water will do the cleaning job. This solution will also keep your floor non-soapy and non-greasy.
- You should wring the mop up to a point where it removes 90% of water. A damp mop will dry out the floor faster without damaging the wooden floor.
Tide is safe for various floors like linoleum, tiles, hardwood, vinyl, and laminate.
You can also use a microfiber cloth to dry out the floor faster after mopping.
Murphy’s Oil Soap is an environment-friendly option for wooden floors. It will also retain the shine of the wood. To get the best results, the company advises diluting it. This is to ensure a residue-free floor.
- Use a quarter cup in a gallon of warm water for normal stains.
- You can use a half cup of Murphy’s Oil Soap per gallon of warm water for heavy cleaning. Mix it properly!
- Add this solution to the O-Cedar bucket, dip and wring your mop in the bucket and enjoy easy cleaning.
Don’t forget to use a microfiber cloth after mopping.
Fabuloso is a scented cleaner that is suitable for sealed floors only. It is an all-purpose cleaner that leaves the surface shiny and streak-free.
- Add a quarter cup of fabulous to a gallon of warm water. Warm water increases cleaning and antibacterial properties.
- Take this solution into the O-Cedar bucket; dip your O-Cedar mop into the solution.
- Wring the mop by the allocated place in the bucket and use it gently over the surface for cleaning.
- You can use the same solution for kitchen counters and other surfaces.
Don’t use the product if you are allergic to scents.
Pine-Sol is the EPA registered broad-spectrum disinfectant. It will kill 99.9% of common household bacteria. But, the acidic nature of Pine-Sol can damage the marble, waxed, unsealed, oiled, and worn-out wood. Some people can also be irritable due to the strong, pungent smell. Seek medical help in case of irritation.
- Dilute a quarter cup of Pine-Sol in a gallon of warm water to use it with your O-Cedar Spin Mop.
- Wring your mop well before cleaning your floor.
- After cleaning with this solution, you can also use a damp microfiber mop to remove any leftover residues.
For tough stains and grease, use it directly on the spot with either a sponge or a brush.
Odoban is an excellent cleaner and an odor eliminator. It cleans your home and leaves a refreshing fragrance as well. You can also keep your carpets, bedding, and curtains fresh using Odoban.
- You have to dilute 7 oz of this cleaning product in a gallon of water for floor cleaning and disinfection.
- For odor elimination, use 22 oz of product in a gallon of water. It works pretty well with O-Cedar Spin Mop and cleans your floor thoroughly.
Not recommended for hardwood and laminate floors.
Powdered OxiClean is a versatile cleaner used for indoor and outdoor flooring. Water activates OxiClean to release its oxygen molecules. These oxygen molecules then work on stains and grime to remove them.
- Mix two tablespoons of OxiClean in a gallon of hot water to clean stubborn stains. You have to wait for the molecules to work on stains.
- With OxiClean, you have to mop twice. First, mop the floor with the solution. Wait for it to work.
- Then, mop again with plain water. This ensures a clean floor.
OxiClean is best for hard surfaces like tiles and grout.
LA’s Totally Awesome Cleaner is a mixture of surfactant agents and water. This mixture cleans the stains and grease off the surface. It is cheap, non-toxic, and biodegradable, making it a good choice for cleaning floors. Moreover, it is safe to use on laminate floors as well.
- Follow the dilution chart on the product for recommended usage. But for tough stains, you can increase the amount of the product. It varies with the stains.
- After dilution, use this cleaner with O-Cedar Spin Mop to remove stains and grime from floors.
Bona hardwood floor cleaner is an EPA-approved environment-friendly product. The spray bottle makes it easy to use with your spin mop. Even a small amount of it will give you good results.
There is no need to make a solution. Spray the product directly on the floor and mop. Bona gives a residue-free finish to your hardwood.
1. Vinegar and Water
The simplest solution you can make using your kitchen products is vinegar and water. Vinegar has antibacterial properties due to its acidic pH. It is best for shiny surfaces like tiles and glass. If the smell of vinegar is irritating to you, add some essential oils to the solution.
The ratio of vinegar and water is not fixed. You can change it according to the surface and stains. But, a diluted solution of vinegar has a lower pH value which is good for surfaces that need pH-neutral cleaners. You can also add other cleaning agents like dish soap, rubbing alcohol, and lemons to the solution. This will increase the effectiveness of the solution.
Add diluted vinegar solution to the O-Cedar bucket and dip your O-Cedar Mop into it. Wring the mop well before using it to clean your floor.
Never use vinegar on the wood floor; it damages the wood.
2. Dish Soap and Water
We all use dish soaps to cut grease off the utensils. Dish soap is antibacterial and works well with the O-Cedar Spin Mop if appropriately used.
A few tablespoons of soap in a gallon of hot water will clean your tiles and vinyl. Mix it properly to avoid a slippery floor. Be safe! Mop your floor with this magical homemade cleaning solution for a thorough cleaning.
How to Maximize the Efficiency of Floor Cleaners with O-Cedar Spin Mop?
Use Warm Water
Hot water breaks down the particles of stains and helps in easy cleaning. Then microfibers of the mop trap the smaller particles more easily than, the larger ones. Hot water will also dissolve the product/cleaning agent effectively. This ensures a residue-free floor.
Use the Right Technique for Mopping
The right technique for mopping is important, especially for wood floors. It would help if you always mopped in the direction of wood grains to maintain the quality of the floor.
Always use an S-shaped pattern for mopping instead of back and forth motion. The back and forth motion will only move the dirt around instead of cleaning it.
Maintain the Quality of the Microfiber Mop-Head
The company recommends you replace the mop-head once every 3 months.
While cleaning the microfiber mop-head, do not use a fabric conditioner. The fabric conditioner will shrink the microfibers. This affects the absorption of moisture and cleaning.
Prep Your Surface Before Mopping
Sweep or vacuum your surface before mopping. Having a clean surface ensures a better result of mopping. Vacuuming will also get rid of pet hair. This step will save you from a lot of mess.
In this article, I have discussed homemade and commercial cleaners that you can use with the O-Cedar Spin Mop. These cleaners are practical and well-rated. Always check the manufacturer’s guide for the correct dilution of the cleaners to properly clean your floor.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to clean an O-Cedar Spin Mop head?
You can easily wash the mop-head of your O-Cedar Spin Mop using either your machine or hand. Avoid using harsh chemicals for mop head cleaning. Warm water will get the job done. Let it air dry. Avoid using bleach and fabric softeners.
2. Is it safe to use cleaners with the O-Cedar Spin Mop?
Any cleaner is safe to use with your spin mop unless it does not contain harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can damage the microfibers of O-Cedar Spin Mop.
3. What is the capacity of the O-Cedar Spin Mop’s bucket?
The bucket of O-Cedar Spin Mop can carry up to 2.5 gallons of water which is enough for daily cleaning.
4. How much should you wring the O-Cedar Spin Mop?
For tiles and ceramic, you can use the pedal of the O-Cedar bucket up to 4-5 times for mop wringing. For wood floors, use the pedal at least ten times.