This guide explains how you can assemble, use, and maintain the Bissell PowerForce Helix 2191 upright vacuum cleaner.
Bissell PowerForce 2191
Bissell PowerForce 2191 is a powerful 8-amp bagless vacuum cleaner featured with a Helix performance system for deep cleaning. It effectively removes embedded dirt and pet hair from carpets, thanks to its rotating brush and powerful suction.
Its edge-to-edge cleaning feature helps clean hard to reach areas. Also, different onboard tools make it easier to clean above the floors. It doesn’t have an on/off switch for brush roll, but the five height adjustment settings allow you to clean almost every surface with ease.
Bissell Helix 2191 comes with a multi-level filtration system with washable filters. Its unique dirt separation system forces dirt to go down the bottom of the dirt cup rather than going upwards into the filters. This prolongs the life of the filters. It comes with a 23-feet power cord and features a 1-liter dirt cup capacity.
How to Assemble Bissell PowerForce 2191?
- Install the upper handle; place it onto the base and push it downwards. You will find two screws taped to the handle that will help you fix the handle on the base. Use a screwdriver to tighten them up.
- Take the lower cord wrap and insert it into the designated hole available on the back of the base unit. After inserting it, turn it to the left side to lock it properly.
- Look at the cord release clips and wrap the power cord around those clips.
- Attach the end of the vacuum hose to the hole available on the back of the machine. Make sure to twist the hose to lock it into place.
- Find the hose clip and wrap the hose through it. Then, attach the hose wand to the bottom of your vacuum (foot hose).
- Place the accessory tools (extension wand, crevice tool, dusting brush) on your vacuum, and now your machine is ready to work.
You will find the crevice tool inside the extension wand.
How to Use Bissell PowerForce 2191
Turning on and off the machine
To turn on your vacuum cleaner, press the red power switch once. You will find the power switch on the lower backside of your vacuum. To turn the Bissell off, press the power switch again.
You can use your foot to turn your vacuum on and off.
Using the recline pedal
Recline pedal is used to lean your machine back for easy cleaning. You will find the recline pedal next to the power switch. Press it once to lean your vacuum back and twice to lean it more. After doing all your cleaning, push the unit back towards the upright position.
Adjusting the height
Adjusting the height of your vacuum is necessary to effectively clean different floor types. The Bissell PowerForce Helix 2191 is featured with five height adjustment settings. The height adjustment knob is on the front side of the unit. Turn the knob to select a particular setting according to the floor type.
The lowest setting is ideal for bare floors, and the highest setting is suitable for high-pile carpets.
Using accessory tools
Bissell Helix 2191 also allows you to clean above the floor like upholstery, curtains, and more. With the help of different specialized tools, you can do that easily. The vacuum comes with a dusting brush, extension wand, and a crevice tool. All you need is to attach a particular tool according to your needs and start cleaning.
How to maintain Bissell PowerForce 2191?
Maintaining your vacuum cleaner is essential to maximize its cleaning performance. In this maintenance section, we will cover:
- How to empty the dirt container
- How to clean the pre-motor filter and the separator
- How to clear the blockage
- How to replace the rotating brush and the belt
How to empty the dirt container?
Your vacuum machine won’t pick up dirt and dust if the dirt container is full. Therefore, every time it gets full, you need to make it empty.
To remove the dirt tank, press the container release button and pull the handle. Place the dirt tank over the trash can outside your home and press the release button.
How to clean the pre-motor filter?
Remove the dirt tank from the base unit. Lift the release latch on the front side to open the lid of the dirt tank. Next, take out the pre-motor filter from the lid and clean it. You can wash it by using warm water and a mild detergent.
Let it dry completely before placing it back.
How to clean the separator?
To remove the separator, first, detach the dirt container from the base unit because it is located inside the dirt container.
Open the dirt container door located at the bottom and twist the separator to the left to pull it out. Clean the separator with water and let it dry before attaching it back to the dirt tank.
How to clear blockage in Bissell PowerForce 2191?
Check the extension wand and the attachment tools to find any blockage. Remove the extension wand and insert a wire coat hanger inside it to push the clog out of the wand. Same thing you can do with the crevice tool if there is any blockage. You can also use any long, narrow object to clear the blockage.
Next, detach the hose from the vacuum cleaner and check for any blockages. You can use another vacuum cleaner to remove the blockage or clean the pipes.
Check the rotating brush and the air passageway on the bottom to eliminate any blockage. Clean the air passageway and the brush.
How to replace the rotating brush and the belt?
Remove the bottom cover and pull the roller out along with the belt. Next, remove the belt from the brush roll and replace them with a new set.
To install the replaced parts, loop the belt over the motor shaft and the roller. Next, pull the roller forward to fix it into place. Make sure the roller is positioned correctly, and the roller and the belt are moving together.
After replacing the belt and the brush roll, place the bottom cover back into its place by using screws.
How to safely use the vacuum cleaner?
- Turn off the vacuum and remove the plug before doing any maintenance.
- Don’t let children play with your vacuum.
- Lock the dirt tank and check filter before cleaning.
- Never place a wet filter inside the vacuum.
- In case of a damaged power cord or plug, don’t use the vacuum cleaner.
- Never attach the accessory tools and the extension wand when the vacuum is on.
- Always avoid picking up sharp, burning, and toxic items.
- Always use the machine for indoor cleaning. If you want to take the machine out, make sure the weather is pleasant, and there is no rain or snow outside.