A battery reset is a critical step in troubleshooting a Roomba vacuum. This article discusses how you can reset the battery on Roomba 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, I, and S series.
Reset Roomba Battery 500 and 600 Series
- Press the “Clean” button to turn on your vacuum.
- Press and hold the “Spot” and “Dock” buttons present above and under the “Clean” button for 10 seconds.
- Release these buttons together, and you will hear a beeping sound.
- Put your Roomba on charging for at least 12 hours, or you have to keep it charging until a green light appears on the “Clean” button.
Reset Roomba Battery 700 and 800 Series
- Put your Roomba on its home base for charging. You can also directly connect your vacuum with its charger.
- Press the “Clean” button for at least 10 seconds. You have to keep it pressed until you see the blue text “r 5 t” on its display.
- After the text display, release the “Clean” button.
- Roomba will turn off with a beeping sound. This beep indicates that you have successfully reset your vacuum.
- Try to avoid loading Roomba for 16 hours at least. After these hours, your cleaner is ready to perform its tasks.
Reset Roomba Battery 900, I and S Series
- Press and hold “Spot Clean,” “Dock,” and “Clean” buttons together for 10 seconds or until you see the robot’s LED illuminate.
- Release the three buttons together.
- Your robot will restart, and your resetting will be finished.
How to Perform a Hard Reset?
A hard reset will delete all data from Roomba, its app, and the Roomba cloud as well. You can perform a hard reset on your robot by following the steps.
- Install and open Roomba Home App.
- Go to the “Settings” option and tap it.
- Tap “Factory Reset” from the settings.
- Wait for a few minutes until your Roomba will reset.
- Do not operate the vacuum until the reset is complete.
Why is my Roomba Robot Vacuum so Loud? [Tips to make it quiet]
How to reset Roomba battery 960?
To reset Roomba battery 960, you must press and hold the “Clean,” “Dock,” and “Spot Clean” buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds. Release the buttons when you see illumination on your robot’s LED.
How to reset the battery on Roomba i7?
Roomba i7 needs a battery reset when it is not charging. To reset your i7 robot, you should press the “Clean” button. You have to hold this button for 10-20 seconds until you notice a white light spins around the “Clean” button. Release the button. Your vacuum will take 2 minutes to turn on again.
What is the process of resetting Roomba battery 880?
To reset Roomba battery 880, press the “Clean,” “Spot Clean,” and “Dock” buttons together for 10 seconds. A ring light will appear, spinning around the “Clean” button. When the light turns off, release these buttons. Your Roomba 880 is reset now.
How to reset Roomba battery 770?
To reset Roomba battery 770, press the “Clean” button to turn it on. Press “Dock” and “Spot Clean” buttons simultaneously and hold them for 10 seconds. A blue text “r 5 t” will appear on display, releasing these buttons. It’s better not to load your vacuum for 12 hours after reset.
Can you reset the Roomba battery i3?
Yes, you can reset your Roomba i3 quite simply. Press and keep the “Home,” “Spot Clean,” and “Clean” buttons for 10 seconds. When a ring light begins to swirl, release these buttons. You may also hear a beeping sound when your Roomba resets.
How Long Does a Roomba Battery Last Before Replacement?
The average lifespan of a Roomba battery is 1-2 years. The battery life depends on how frequently you use the machine and battery maintenance. You can read more about it here.
Leave a Reply