Roomba vacuums are automatic robots that clean floors quickly and thoroughly. These robotic vacuums are a fantastic addition to your household appliances. Although Roomba helps in your floor cleaning and you don’t have to monitor it physically, there is a drawback also. You have to clean its bin and bag when they get filled with debris.
A Roomba collects dirt, hair, debris, and many other things during cleaning. That’s why you should empty your Roomba bin and bag regularly so that it can perform its work better. Here is the detail for emptying the Roomba vacuum cleaner.
How to Empty the Roomba?
Cleaning your Roomba frequently will maintain its working efficiency and maximizes its life span. You should empty your vacuum regularly to have a space for further trash accumulations during cleaning. There are two ways to empty your cleaner.
- If you want to empty your Roomba, you need to remove its bin. After removing the bin, discard its inner content in your trash can.
- If you don’t know how to empty your vacuum, you can use an alternative way. Use iRobot Home App to empty its dustbin. Open the app on your mobile phone. Then select your robot and select “maintenance.” After that, choose “Emptying the dustbin.” You will get the instructions on how to remove the bin. Follow them to empty your Roomba.
This is the general process of removing the bin and emptying your vacuum. Roomba has various models, and each model has a different setting. That’s why; you should follow special instructions for every model. Keep reading this guide to find out the emptying method for your specific Roomba model.
Method to Empty Roomba 600 Series
The given method is for Roomba 600 series, including 614, 675, and 670 models.
- On your vacuum’s edge, there is a tab. Press this tab to open the dustbin.
- Now, press the small yellow latch present on the bin’s edge to pull the bin out.
- Discard the inner contents of the bin in your trash can.
- The filter will be located inside the dustbin. After locating it, empty the filter also.
- After emptying, reinstall the filter to its previous place and close the door.
- In the end, replace the clean and empty dustbin in your vacuum, and you are ready to go.
Method to Empty Roomba Series 800 and 900
Follow the given steps to empty your Roomba 805, 890, 960, and 980.
- Press the tab present on the edge of the Roomba vacuum to pull out the dustbin.
- Open the dustbin’s door by pulling its top towards the ground.
- Tap the dustbin to empty it into your trash can.
- If necessary, wipe the dustbin with a microfiber cloth.
- Then access the filter and pull it out from the dustbin
- Remove the tab that projects from the filter’s corner.
- Clean and empty the filter with a tap.
- Discard dirt and debris from the filter into the dustbin.
- Ensure the tab is facing upright when replacing the bin’s filter.
- Close the latch and close the door.
- Place the bin in the vacuum at its previous position.
Besides filter cleaning, Roomba series 800 and 900’s sensors should also be cleaned. You can use microfiber cloth or melamine foam to clean dirt from sensors.
Method to Empty Roomba Series s9
Roomba series s9 is washable, so it has a different emptying method than other vacuum models. Follow the below-mentioned easiest steps to empty your Roomba s9.
- Lift the top cover of the vacuum to take the dustbin.
- Pull the side handle to remove the dustbin from the vacuum.
- Remove the filter present inside the dustbin.
- Clear filter from debris and dirt.
- Click the grey release button to take out the dustbin.
- Emptying the dustbin’s content into the trash can. Dab it to discard all the content.
- Rinse the vacuum’s dustbin with cold water and place it upright to dry.
- Also, remove dust from the sensor with a microfiber cloth.
- Reinstall the filter once the dustbin is dry.
- Close the bin’s lid and place it in its allocated space in a vacuum.
How to Empty the Roomba Bin?
Emptying the Roomba bin isn’t tricky at all. You have to remove the bin from a robot or empty it into a garbage bag or trash can, or dumpster. Every Roomba vacuum has a bin releasing tab. The location of this tab differs according to its model. So, if you need to understand the process of dissembling and reassembling your robotic bin.
Here are the details of removing and cleaning the Roomba bin for different models.
Method to Empty Bin of Roomba Series 600
Removing the Roomba series 600’s bin is easiest. Follow the given steps to empty its bin.
- Press the bin releasing tab and pull out the bin from the vacuum.
- Open the bin’s door to discard the garbage. Remove its filter and dab to clear any dust and dirt particles present over it.
- After cleaning, reinstall the filter into the bin and bin into your robot.
Method to Empty Bin of Roomba Series 800 and 900
Roomba series 800 and 900’s sensors must be cleaned regularly for their proper functioning. Here are the steps to empty the bin of these series.
- Bin releasing tab is present on the back of series 800 and 900.
- Press this tab and pull out the bin from the vacuum.
- Now, release the filter from the bin by pressing and releasing the tab near the filter. The tab is yellow; you can quickly identify it.
- Open the bin’s door and empty its trash. Also, shake the filter to remove its dirt and debris.
- After cleaning the bin and filter, reinstall them to their allocated places.
To clean the Roomba 800 and 900 series sensor, you can use a wet sponge. Clean sensors thoroughly so that your robot will perform maximum cleaning.
Methods to Empty Bin of Roomba Series-I and Series-E
To clean and empty the bin of Roomba series-i and Roomba series-s, follow the given steps.
- Bin releasing tab is present at the back of these series. The Bin icon is engraved on the tab for easy identification.
- Access the button; press it to release the bin from the vacuum.
- Open the bin’s door and empty its inner content into the trash can.
- You can open the bin’s door by pressing the bin door and releasing the tab.
- After cleaning the bin and its filter, place the bin back in its position.
How to Empty Roomba Bag?
To Empty and replace the Roomba bag, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- To empty your vacuum bag, open its lid first.
- Grab the card and then remove the bag from the bin. (card seals the bag to avoid spilling debris)
- Drop the bag into the dustbin.
- To install the new bag, you must slide the card into the guide rail.
- Push the lid down and close it tightly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Roomba bags reusable?
No, Roomba bags aren’t reusable. If you reuse your Roomba bag, it will damage the vacuum, especially its clean base. You should replace the old bag with the new one after a month or 60 days. After 10 cycles, it is a must to replace your Roomba bag. Besides this, whenever you feel your bag is getting firm like a pillow, you should immediately replace it.
2. How often should the Roomba bin be emptied?
It’s recommended to empty your Roomba bin after every cleaning session. iRobot even tells you to rinse its bin with warm water when necessary. Cleaning the bin regularly helps your Roomba work efficiently and maximizes its lifespan.
3. How can you empty the bin of Roomba series-i?
There will be a bin releasing button at the back of the Roomba series-i. Press this button to release the bin. Open the bin door by pressing the bin door release tab. Empty the inner content into a trashcan.
4. Which Roomba can self empty?
The Roomba i3+EVO is one of the most affordable vacuums by iRobot. It has a unique feature of self-cleaning its bin. This robot offers a true hands-free cleaning of its bin.