A smelly vacuum cleaner is frustrating. You have to deodorize your home multiple times just to get the smell out. The good news is that you can fix a smell Dyson vacuum cleaner yourself with common household items.
10 Step Guide to Remove Smell from Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
- Turn off your machine and unhook the power cord. Place the vacuum cleaner outside or at a ventilated space and wear a face mask.
- Remove the dust cleaner by following the directions in the user manual. Place it in a dust bag and tap it gently on a solid surface to remove all the dust. You can vacuum it as well if you have another vacuum with you.
- Dismantle your machine and take off all the removable components.
- Prepare a cleaning solution by adding half tablespoon of dishwashing liquid, pinch of baking soda and half-gallon warm water.
- Clean the removed parts with a damp sponge using the cleaning solution.
- Set the parts on a dry towel to air dry. You can also dry them with a clean, dry microfiber cloth.
- Clean the filter by removing pet hair, debris and dust. Use a comb to remove stuck hair. Rinse with cold water and let it air dry.
- Deodorize the vacuum cleaner using paper towels and vinegar. Spray vinegar on the paper towel and wipe all the parts.
- Add a small cotton ball dipped in vanilla extract in the storage bin before inserting it back. Vanilla extract absorbs odors.
- Install the filter and reassemble the vacuum cleaner.
How to get Burning Smell out of Dyson Vacuum Cleaner?
Burning smell from Dyson vacuum cleaner indicates a burned motor, short circuiting wires or plug or faulty socket. Check these three things to solve the burning smell problem.
How to get Vomit-like Smell out of a Dyson Vacuum Cleaner?
Disassemble your machine, clean every part and filter, and deodorize the entire machine. You may need to replace the filter if your Dyson uses a dry filter. Let all the parts sit for 2-3 days in a ventilated room to completely remove the vomit smell.
Related Post: Methods to get Dog Poop out of Carpet
What to do if Dyson Carpet Cleaner smells like Stinky Feet?
Dyson carpet cleaner smells like stinky feet due to bacterial growth inside. You can replace the filter and clean all the parts to remove this smell from your carpet cleaner.