It is recommended to change foam/felt filters when replacing the HEPA filter in your Shark Rotator. It saves time and boosts performance. Here’s how you can remove HEPA filter from Shark Rotator.
- Turn off the vacuum and remove the plug.
- Remove the front grill by pressing down on the leveler.
- Pull the clogged or damaged HEPA filter out and remove the protective wrap.
- Replace the old HEPA filter with the new one. You can also wash the filter if your vacuum uses a washable filter.
- Insert the filter and snap the front grill into its place. You will hear a clicking sound when the grill sits on its place.
How to replace foam/felt filter?
- Release the canister by pressing the two buttons on the upper handle.
- Pull out the tray holding the foam and the felt filter.
- Remove both foam and felt filters from the plastic protective wrap.
- It is recommended to replace foam/felt filters but you can reuse these filters after washing with cold water if they are not torn or damaged. Do not use cleaner or brush to clean these filters.
- Insert the felt filter followed by foam filter.
- Reattach the canister; a clicking sound will ensure that it is attached properly.
Can you wash the HEPA filter of the shark vacuum?
Yes. You can wash a HEPA filter with warm soapy water. Rinse it thoroughly and let it dry completely before putting it back.
What does a HEPA filter do in a vacuum cleaner?
HEPA filters provide effective cleaning by removing minute pollens, dirt particles, pet dander, dust mites, and other debris. Instead of recirculating them into the air, the HEPA filter sucks them all and offers a thorough cleaning of floors and carpets. HEPA filters also capture viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms.