Coffee stains look awful and they keep coming back from time to time. This article discusses the best solution to deal with coffee stains on your carpet.
What You Will Need
- Two spray bottles filled with warm water
- Cleaning detergent
- White towel or cloth
- Add the cleaning detergent into one of the warm water spray bottles and give it a mix. You can increase the detergent’s quantity if you want a strong cleaning solution.
- Spray some of the soap-water cleaner on the carpet and rub it with a cloth or towel. Do not rub too hard; you just have to blot the area.
- Spray more detergent-water mixture and keep blotting your carpet for a while with the cloth.
- Vacuum the area with a Shop-Vac for 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat the process of spraying the soapy water and vacuuming it. When you feel like it’s done, pour simple warm water to get the soap out of your carpet.
Also See: How to Clean Bacon Grease from Pan?
The coffee residue left in cups can dry after some time and leave stains at the bottom. A stained coffee mug looks awful, and you think it is washed or not.
Here’s how you can remove coffee stains from mugs!
- Add some baking soda to the cup’s bottom and pour some white vinegar; it starts to bubble up.
- Let it sit for 5-10 minutes, then rinse with clean water.
- Add some more baking soda to make its paste with water.
- Scrub with a soft brush to remove the leftover stains. Be careful; it may scratch the surface.
From Car’s Seat
Coffee is an on-the-go drink. Stains on car seats are common with coffee lovers. Try dealing with the stain as soon as you can after the spill. It is difficult to remove dried stains.
- Use a paper towel or a rag to soak as much coffee as possible. You must blot the surface and not wipe it. Old stains will probably be dried and may not have any moisture.
- Use a cold-water wet paper towel to blot the stain. It helps remove more coffee from the seat.
- Blot again using a dry and fresh paper towel to remove the excess liquid.
- You can use dish soap/baking soda with water to remove the remaining stains. Give the cleaning liquid at least 30 minutes to work its way into the stain.
- Rinse with a fresh paper towel. Repeat the process as necessary.
- Use dish soaps with low pH for leather and light-colored seats.
Can I remove the coffee stain from my carpet using home ingredients other than kitchen items?
Yes, you can. You can use hydrogen peroxide to remove coffee stains from carpet and clothes. Vinegar can be harsh on some surfaces.
Leave a Reply