While living in the pine forest in 1929, Mr. Harry A. Cole thought of creating the Pine-Sol brand as he knew that pine oil was a natural deodorizer and disinfectant. Since The Clorox Company acquired Pine-Sol in 1990, they have made amazing cleaning products for all floor types. Laminate floors require special care and cleaning techniques. People are doubtful about using Pine-Sol on laminate floors. Fortunately, Pine-Sol is entirely safe to use over laminate and wooden floors. Read this guide further so that you will know the right procedures for using Pine-Sol on your laminate floors.
What is Pine-Sol?
Pine-Sol is a multi-purpose cleaner that can efficiently clean all floor types. It has Propylheptyl ethers and Alcohol Ethoxylates. These chemicals are strong enough to cut grease and stubborn stains from floors. Laminate floors are sensitive and delicate, so we have to be careful while choosing a surface cleaner for them. Pine-Sol is entirely safe to use for laminate floors. You can use Pine-Sol surface cleaner or a Pine-Sol mop for your laminate floor.
Clean Your Floor with Pine-Sol Surface Cleaner
Before using Pine-Sol on your laminate floor, you have to clean your floor with a dry mop or a vacuum cleaner. Remove any grit and dust before applying Pine-Sol surface cleaner over it. Please follow the steps mentioned below to clean the laminate floor surface.
- Add 1/4 cup Pine-Sol into a gallon of warm water and mix it well.
- Dip a mop into this solution and wring it well before mopping to remove excessive water.
- Wipe your floor with minimum moisture into the mop, and don’t leave a puddle.
- After cleaning the floor with Pine-Sol solution, dip the mop in clean water and wring it well so that it will just be damp, not wet.
- Now, clean the floor with this mop to clean residues from the floor.
It’s perfectly fine that some areas on the floor need special attention as they have stubborn stains. So, directly spill the Pine-Sol surface cleaner in those areas and scrub the stain with a toothbrush or a sponge. The stain will remove after this cleaning practice.
Clean Your Floor with Pine-Sol Microfiber Mop
Mopping your laminate floor with traditional mops is not recommended as they can ruin your floor surface. If you want to mop your laminate floor, a Pine-Sol microfiber mop is the best solution to opt for. This mop is designed to remove dirt and stains from the floor without using much water. The floor gets dry within 2 minutes after using the Pine-Sol microfiber mop. Follow the given steps to mop your laminate floor with a Pine-Sol microfiber mop in the correct way.
- Clean the laminate floor first with a soft broom to remove dirt and debris from it. Any particles present at the time of mopping may cause streaks on the floor, and as a result, scratches will appear. So, sweep the laminate floor before using a Pine-Sol microfiber mop.
- After cleaning the floor, damp the microfiber pad of the Pine-Sol mop with warm water.
- Now add Pine-Sol all-purpose cleaner into the spray bottle attached with the mop.
- Mop the floor gently.
- After cleaning the floor with a microfiber Pine-Sol mop, wash it thoroughly and let it dry for next time.
Benefits of Using Pine-Sol Microfiber Mop
- Pine-Sol microfiber mop is lightweight and doesn’t drain your energy while cleaning the floor.
- The mop has a spray bottle attached to it, so you don’t need to drag the water bucket into every room. Just fill this spray bottle once, and your mop is good to go.
- You have to wash the mop pad only once for every room.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have to rinse Pine-Sol off floors?
Usually, no rinsing is required after using Pine-Sol. But if you are using Pine-Sol on unsealed, unfinished, waxed, and unpainted surfaces, you should rinse it off. Left behind residues of the surface cleaner may cause streaks and scratches on the floor.
2. Does Pine-Sol disinfect floors?
Yes, Pine-Sol disinfects the floors if used as directed full strength. The pine-Sol multi-surface cleaner is registered with EPA as a disinfectant. It kills 99.9% of the germs and bacteria from hard and nonporous surfaces if you follow the instructions written on the product.
3. Should I dilute Pine-Sol surface cleaner before use?
Pine-Sol surface cleaners are concentrated, so you should dilute them for regular cleaning. If you have to remove stubborn stains from your floor, you can directly spray Pine-Sol surface cleaner over the stains without dilution. Immediately rinse the floor after using a concentrated cleaner to remove the left behind residues of the chemical.