Yes. You can use a carpet cleaner to clean a mattress. Let’s go through the different steps you need to follow to clean a mattress with a carpet cleaner.
Steps to Clean Mattress with a Carpet Cleaner
- Remove bedding and mattress cover from the mattress. Wash the cover in the machine if it is machine washable.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a hand tool to remove any dirt and debris from both sides of the mattress.
- Prepare your carpet cleaner for the cleaning process. Wash the reservoir bottle and fill it with a cleaning solution free from dies and additives.
- Attach the hand tool to the carpet cleaner and start by cleaning one side of the mattress. It is a time taking process and depends on mattress size, dirt level, and your carpet cleaner’s efficiency.
- Dry the cleaned side before you start working on the other one.
- Turn over the mattress and clean the other side in the same way. Let it dry as well.
- Clean the narrow sides and edges after the washed sides get dry.
- Do not place the mattress back until it is 100% dry; otherwise, the mattress can start smelling awful after a couple of days.
Can you use a Carpet Cleaner on a Memory Foam Mattress?
No. Using a carpet cleaner on a memory foam mattress is not recommended. The memory foam layer over the mattress can get damaged by the carpet cleaner. You can use a steam cleaner to clean memory foam mattresses.
Can you use a Carpet Cleaner on a Pillow Top Mattress?
You can use a carpet cleaner to clean a pillow-top mattress unless it has memory foam in it.
Can you use a Bissell Carpet Cleaner on a Mattress?
Yes. You can use a Bissell carpet cleaner to clean a mattress.
What other things can I clean with my carpet cleaner?
You can clean curtains, furniture, car upholstery, comforters, and hard floors with a carpet cleaner.
Can I use carpet cleaner spray on my mattress?
Yes. You can use a carpet cleaner spray on your mattress. Make sure you use a natural cleaner that is free from any harmful chemicals/ingredients.
How can I clean my mattress without carpet cleaner?
You can use baking soda and a vacuum cleaner can to clean mattresses without a carpet cleaner. Vacuum the mattress after removing bedding. Sprinkle baking soda over the mattress and let it sit for at least 3 hours. Scrub the stains. Vacuum the baking soda to get a sanitized, deodorized, and clean mattress. Repeat the process for the other side.