Bissell had made its first carpet cleaning machine in 1979. According to a survey, Bissell makes one of the best carpet cleaners in the world. Although Bissell cleaners are famous for their reliability, you can still face various issues with these cleaners. In this guide, you will get the troubleshooting ways of famous Bissell models. I have covered the basic troubleshooting issues that most Bissell users face. Read this guide further to know about your Bissell carpet cleaner troubleshooting ways.
Proheat Bissell Carpet Cleaner Troubleshooting
Bissell carpet cleaner with its advanced cleaning system scrubs and grooms the carpets. You can also use it over the hardwood floor if you want. Users face many issues with proheat Bissell carpet cleaner, including no spraying, leakage problem, poor suction, and stopped brush movement.
The troubleshooting ways are more or less similar for all Bissell carpet cleaner models. So, you can consider the following solutions for Bissell revolution carpet cleaner troubleshooting, Bissell big green carpet cleaner troubleshooting, Bissell clean view carpet cleaner troubleshooting, bex Bissell carpet cleaner troubleshooting, and Bissell powerforce carpet cleaner troubleshooting. Here are the troubleshooting ways for these issues.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner is Not Spraying
If your Bissell carpet cleaner is not spraying, you can troubleshoot it quite easily. Please follow the below-mentioned steps for Bissell carpet cleaner troubleshooting no water.
You must inspect the water tank if your Bissell carpet cleaner is not spraying. Check for the red gasket present on the bottom of the tank. If it is not installed properly, you need to reinstall it. Push the rounded part of the gasket over the top of the auto-load assembly. Most probably, the vacuum will start spraying. If the issue still persists, then check the other possible causes.
Inspect Pump Belt
Fault in the pump belt also leads to no spraying. Thus, inspect the pump belt by turning off and unplugging the carpet cleaner.
- Lie down the cleaner and remove the tank.
- Turn the machine so that brush will face upward.
- Remove the two screws present on the colored belt access door. Remove the belt access door and inspect it.
- If the belt is damaged, the pump will not spray water.
- You have to replace the belt, and it’s better to get professional help in this matter.
There could be an issue with the hose or with the tool attached to the hose. To inspect it, you must squeeze the trigger to check if the solution comes out from the hose without a tool. If water comes out from the hose tips without the tool, it means there is a problem with its connected tool. Replace the tool attached with the hose, if needed. If water doesn’t come out from the hose, then you have to clean the hose tips with the help of paper clips. Paper clips will clear out any clogs and blockage in the hose.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner is Leaking
If your Bissell carpet cleaner is leaking, inspect the following parts and fix them as needed.
- Check if the trigger is being pressed or stuck. Release the trigger.
- Check the water tank lid and fix it if it is not properly attached.
- Inspect the front nozzle and make sure it is securely in place.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner Brush Is Not Spinning
There could be various reasons if your Bissell carpet cleaner brush is not spinning. For example, if the machine is upright, the brush will not turn or spin. It will help if you inspect the brush roll first. Please follow the given steps for Bissell carpet cleaner troubleshooting brushes not spinning.
- Unplug and turn off the carpet cleaner.
- Lie down the cleaner and remove its tank.
- Turn the machine so that its back should be facing up.
- Inspect the brush rolls and remove any obstructions from the rolls.
- Try to turn the brush roll by hand, and if it turns freely, then you are good to go.
- If the brush roll doesn’t spin freely by hand, it means the brush roll or belt may be damaged.
- Either your brush roll is damaged or the belt; you have to replace them with new ones.
It’s better to call for professional help to change belt and brush rolls. You may take help from the following video if you want to do it by yourself.
Bissell Carpet Cleaner Has No Suction
If your Bissell carpet cleaner is not sucking, then there could be a problem with the filters, water tank, nozzle, and hose.
Inspect and Clean Filters
- Please turn off the machine and unplug it from the power source.
- Recline the carpet cleaner and remove its tank.
- Clean out the debris from the red filter screen near the floor cleaning dial.
- Turn on the machine and check for suction. If your carpet cleaner is not sucking, then
Carefully inspect the water tank for any damages and cracks. If you see any damage or crack on the water tank, you should better replace it. Besides this, empty the dirty water collection tank. Make sure you are not emptying the clean water bladder. There will be a red float on the dirty water collection tank. Move the red float up and down. You must replace this red float if it doesn’t move freely.
- To inspect the nozzle, you must remove it first by pulling it up from either side of the top of the nozzle.
- Scrutinize the nozzle and if you see any cracks, replace it.
- Reattach the new nozzle to the carpet cleaner.
- Hook the bottom of the nozzle and rotate until you hear a clicking sound.
If the nozzle is fine, check the carpet cleaner’s hose. Remove the tool attached to the hose and feel if there is any suction. If yes, it means the hose is working fine, and you have to replace the attached tool. If the hose isn’t sucking, the problem is with the hose, not the tool. If this is the case, replace the hose.
Above mentioned solutions are also for Bissell Proheat Pet Carpet Cleaner Troubleshooting. All Bissell models have more or less the same issues and troubleshooting ways.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to reset a Bissell carpet cleaner?
There will be a brush reset button at the lower back of the vacuum. Press this button to reset brush rolls. Plug back the vacuum into the power outlet. Turn on the vacuum. To start cleaning, turn the brush roll on.
2. Why is there no water coming out of the Bissell carpet cleaner?
If no water comes out from the Bissell carpet cleaner, the pump may have lost its prime. Turn off the carpet cleaner, press and hold the spray trigger for 30 seconds. Turn on the vacuum and check for spray.
3. Why is the brush roll on Bissell carpet cleaner not spinning?
If the brush motor is stuck, the brush roll will not spin. You have to access the brush rolls and check for any debris accumulations. The dirt and debris may clog the motor and stop the rush rolls from spinning. Remove any debris present in the brush roll, and it will start spinning afterward.
Leave a Reply